Open Rank Faculty Position
Open Rank Faculty Position
Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute
Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine
The University of Texas Health San Antonio
The Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute (GCCRI) of Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio is seeking an outstanding candidate for a tenure-track or tenured faculty position at the Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level in research areas focusing on cancer in general and childhood cancer in particular, including immuno-oncology, cell or structural biology of signal transduction and gene expression mechanisms, cancer genetics, and cancer therapeutics. Applicant must have a sustained record of publishing in top-tiered journals.
Candidates for the Associate or Full Professor rank must also have substantial extramural funding. The position offers significant resources and an attractive start-up support package. Suitable candidates may be nominated for faculty recruitment awards from the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas and UT System Faculty STARs Program. The successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary team of researchers at the GCCRI and will be expected to develop collaborative programs and serve as mentors for students and research fellows.
The GCCRI is a unique cancer research center focusing on basic and translational research in childhood cancer and is housed in a state-of-the-art 100,000 sq. foot research facility on the Greehey Academic and Research Campus of UTHSCSA and supported by an endowment from the tobacco settlement from the State of Texas [https://ccri.uthscsa.edu].
Please login to https://uthscsa.referrals.selectminds.com/faculty to apply for position 23001814. Attach your curriculum vitae, a brief description of scientific achievements with current and future research interests (not to exceed 2 pages), and the names of three or more references.
San Antonio is the nation’s seventh largest city and offers a rich, multi-cultural community with a thriving bioscience industry and is located at the edge of the beautiful Texas Hill County.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including protected veterans and persons with disabilities. All faculty appointments are designated as security-sensitive positions.
- UT Health San Antonio offers an excellent benefits package for its employees. Employees who work at least 20 hours a week, with an appointment of at least 4.5 months, are eligible for benefits.
- Medical- UT SELECT Medical insurance is offered free for employees and administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. Family members can be added to the plan through payroll deduction. Employees and their dependents can also receive discounted copays and coinsurance when using UT Health Physicians, a network of 800 premier physicians including more than 100 specialists.
- Dental – Three dental insurance plan options are available for employees and their families through Delta Dental Insurance Company, two PPOs and one dental HMO plan. Both PPO plans allow employees to choose any licensed dentist.
- Vision- Fully insured Vision Care benefits are offered by Superior Vision Services. Two vision plan options that offer either standard or enhanced vision benefits. Life Employees receive $40,000 of group term life insurance and $40,000 of basic accidental death and dismemberment insurance for free, with options to purchase additional employee and dependent coverage for both at group rates.
- Retirement- Employees are eligible for either the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) or the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP). TRS is a defined benefit retirement plan which UT Health matches employee contributions. ORP is for eligible faculty staff employees. Voluntary retirement programs are also available to invest before- or after-tax dollars with the choice of five quality retirement plan providers.
- Time Off- A generous leave program offers multiple paid leave options:
- Front-loaded Paid Time Off: 128 to 208 hours (16 to 26 days) of Paid Time Off based on years of service, given at the start of each fiscal year. PTO may be prorated in year one based on date of hire.
- Extended Illness Bank: 8 hours (1 day) accrued per month which can be used for illness or injury after one day of Paid Time Off is taken.
- Paid Family Leave: Up to 240 hours (6 weeks) to care for a spouse, child, or parent after 6 months of consecutive employment.
- Holidays: 12 set paid holidays each year plus three floating holidays, which can be used anytime during the fiscal year.
- FSAs- Employees can enroll in flexible spending accounts (FSAs) to set aside money from earnings before taxes for qualifying dependent day care expenses or out-of-pocket health care expenses.
- Discounts- Employees enjoy a range of discounts on services, tickets, and gym membership.
Since 2004, UT Health San Antonio, Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute’s (Greehey CCRI) mission has been to advance scientific knowledge relevant to childhood cancer, contribute to understanding its causes, and accelerate the translation of knowledge into novel therapies. Greehey CCRI strives to have a national and global impact on childhood cancer by discovering, developing, and disseminating new scientific knowledge. Our mission consists of three key areas — research, clinical, and education.